Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: No longer supporting this war [!OT]

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm very dissattisfied with the recent events and warfare. I think the USA is botching the job seriously. First off, the number of errors per week is increasing to dramatical levels. Many innocent people is dying because of friendly fire, as well as missed objectives. Second, the USA understimated the enemy and sent too few units, which has caused the war to be longer and have more casualities. And third, I'm very angry at the unjustified, unwarned, unfair, ununderstandable attack against the Palestine Hotel, which killed a Spanish journalist. The Spanish Government has demanded an explanation on the incident, and we are not sattisfied with the USA reply.

    This is why I have decided to not support the current Iraqi war anymore.

    I do think saddam housein is to be removed, and Iraq to be freed, and that the force is most surely necessary, but I no longer support this particular USA/UK war because of the way it's being done. I would only support an intervention against Iraq if it's done by the NATO, a coalition of different countries with at least 4 EU countries including Spain, or the UN.

    I still support my Government, and I'm very happy with its decision of supporting the war against Iraq but not participating alongside the USA and the UK alone.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 09, 2003 06:48 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A war is a war and it causes victims, no matter who they are. Because of this i always was against it.

    But also, Saddam is somebody that should be "retired" from that dangerous position, but this war is not the correct way, in my opinion.

    US have given the pertinent explanations, they said that the Palestina Hotel was a militar Target 48 hours ago, so, teorethically, they had been given a warning.

    I don't know if this is real or not, but i think that, after this, Spanish government should reconsider his support for this war. Not obstant, the planes keep flying over Granada...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never supported it. I saw no true justification at the time. If we were to do something it should have been during Desert Storm, not ten years later.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It has much more to see with the fact that is G.W. Bush than with the fact that it is to kill Saddam.

    My mother said it wisely...

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">"I bet you what you want that if G. Bush is elected the new US president, within 2 years, they are having another war in the Persic gulf"</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Blame Bush. I'd say.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bush is to say a retard. The sad thing is that they messed up with Flordia's counting so Bush didn't win it rightfully I mean after all Jeb Bush is the Governor of Flordia so it was more than likely fixed. Gore wouldn't have went to war for no reason other than avenging daddy.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So, he is a retard and also a revengeful kid... indeed disapointing.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yea, I wouldn't have voted for him.

    I say all the people that voted for him does not have the right to complain about the war, they elected him.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">US have given the pertinent explanations, they said that the Palestina Hotel was a militar Target 48 hours ago, so, teorethically, they had been given a warning.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>That's not a good explanation. Journalists didn't know of that, nobody told them, and there's not a single reason why they should attack an inoffensive hotel which happens to be the journalists' HQ.

    IRT OCB: I'm not switching sides. I was always at one single side - MY side. I'll always think and say whatever I consider fairest and better. Recent events lead me to think the war is rushed and poorly done, and the USA are acting unfairly, and as of today, I'm not happy with the way this war is working. And I'm sure my Government thinks exactly the same, though they have to be more cautious when saying such things, especially if they have some pact with the USA.

    The main reason why the death of that Spanish journalist pissed me off apart of him being from my country is that the USA attacked the hotel where all the media was for no reason, like they wanted to warn the media and force them to leave. They said 4 or 5 different things to justify the attack, and all of them are pure bullshit.

    Now I'd want the USA to accept the war is getting out of hand and ask the UN to enter and lead it; in that case, the war would end sooner and have less mistakes, it'd be game over for saddam anyways, and the USA wouldn't be able to take over the Iraqui oil. Sadly, that's not gonna happen; first, becuase the USA will never admit their failure, even if this ends up being a second Vietnam; second, because the UN doesn't have enough determination for this kind of thing, and irresponsible countries would anyways oppose to put an end to saddam's dictatorship for their own selfish reasons. I'm not pointing to any particular country, but there's one starting with 'F' near mine that would surely fall in this group.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    News:
    Fortunately, Baghdad has fallen a few hours ago. Many are considering the war ended, and saddam's regime is no more. This is not the end of violence in Iraq, as rebels are surely going to engage in terrorist acts, but it makes a difference. I hope no more innocent people die now, Iraq gets a better regime (independent from the USA) and the USA doesn't get whatever they intended other than freeing Iraq from saddam.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You need to check the news more often, i knew that ages ago. I watched them put down that big statue of Saddam live. That was a cool site.

    Oh yea, and about the switching side thing, i meant the sides of those who support the war and those who don't.

    Oh, and by the way, France was trying to prevent all these deaths by sticking with democracy. But this is what happened, so we have to sort it out now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •